Shop My Instagram

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ice, Ice Coffee




Probably you have noticed the ever present iced coffee in most of my recent pictures. I was beyond sad when I developed a coffee aversion in my first trimester and elated when the ban was finally lifted around 15 weeks. Thanks for the concern for my babe y’all but I am well aware of the effects of caffeine on a growing fetus. My doctor is of the 300 mg or less per day camp and I stay well within in those limits. I don’t even drink any caffeine at all most of the week! My favorite order at Starbucks right now is a grande vanilla (one pump) iced coffee with coconut milk. Hot coffee or tea doesn’t sound terrible by any means but iced always sounds better, so I’m not fighting it. Even though I don’t make daily coffee runs, Friday afternoon and/or weekend trips certainly still add up. I’ve seen the jugs of Starbucks brand coffee in the refrigerated section at Kroger but was worried about wasting the whole thing if I didn’t like it. I finally went for it this past weekend on my grocery run after reasoning that I like iced coffee when I buy it at Starbucks and it’s really a big money saver and highly convenient if I have it in my own refrigerator. Plus, if I happened not to like it, I was sure I could find a home for it. But it turns out, I LOVE it. I’m generally all about the flavored lattes and vanilla has always been my jam, but since being pregnant, I’ve noticed I’m also totally cool with unflavored and unsweetened so I bought the unsweetened. I made my tester by simply pouring it over ice and adding unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It was delicious. Of course there are about a million combinations you could come up with to suit your taste, and I’m sure I’ll do some experimenting, but I’m certainly impressed with my first try. Absolutely I will still stop at Starbucks, Mickey D’s or Dunkin’ Donuts for an overpriced coffee that someone else makes and serves to me, but less so than I do now. If I wake up Sunday morning and want iced coffee like NOW, I can have it! So yea, this post is all just about iced coffee and there is no other point to it. Just thought I’d share in case any of you have been debating trying the grocery store bottle like me.

P.S. My Keurig is on the fritz since we moved and that’s another reason I went for the premade stuff. I certainly would still make iced coffee the way I used to (brewing it into a mason jar and putting it in the freezer) using all the fun k-cups but until it’s fixed, I’m happy to pour and go straight out of the fridge.  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10