Shop My Instagram

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Green Eggs & Hands

I fondly remember dying hard boiled eggs before Easter as a kid. It's easy to forget how something so simple can be so much fun. Well, simple and messy. Okay, so you're SUPPOSED to use the little egg picker upper thingy that comes with the kit to fish the eggs out of the dye cups, or at least a spoon. But why go to the trouble when you can use your hands? Just ask my niece. Over this past weekend we had a family lunch and colored a bunch of Easter eggs. By the time we were finished miss Miyah had more colors on her hands than her eggs...and her eggs were pretty colorful. No amount of hand washing was going to get them clean right away and Chris told her that they might stay stained like that forever. She wasn't too concerned. Strawberry shortcake with whipped cream was much more important.
 
 
While I certainly love Dr. Seuss, the inspiration for the name of the post will not be in my future. Well, at least no ham, but I'm not opposed to green eggs! I think I'll go the blue route instead though. I mentioned I'll be making a treat for Easter brunch and I came across this recipe with blueberries to satisfy my continuing craving. I'm betting it pairs very well with some blueberry coffee and vanilla almond creamer. And it sound a lot better than green eggs and hands, er, ham.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10