Shop My Instagram

Monday, March 28, 2016

Blueberry Lemon Crumble

 
Hopefully you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and either have the day off or are making it through the dreaded Monday after a holiday. Chris and I celebrated with family both Saturday and Sunday and the weather was just perfect. Saturday afternoon we headed out to lunch and a big egg hunt for the kids at Chris's aunt and uncle's house. I made popcorn mix with Easter egg M&Ms Friday night and hoped Chris wouldn't eat it all before we made it to lunch. That stuff can be quite addicting! I also thought it would be fun to jazz up some Peeps for the kids so I bought the bunny shaped variety in pretty pastels. I had sprinkles on hand and Candiquik in the fridge so I just stuck them on cake pop sticks and coated the ears then rolled them in chocolate or colored sprinkles. So simple but so fun.
 
 
Sunday morning I got up early and made the recipe I posted a link to last week. Since I still am eating/drinking my way through all things blueberry I had to go with a blueberry crumble. I mostly followed this recipe but made some minor changes. Instead of an 8x8 pan I used a 10 inch round pie dish. Why? Well because it was prettier. Seriously. I used fresh blueberries and didn't measure them but I'm pretty sure I used more than the recipe called for. Oops. I just can't get enough. I had one fresh lemon so I zested (is that a word?) it and added that to the blueberry mixture plus I just juiced the whole thing instead of measuring. Do you see a pattern here? I avoid measuring where possible. Finally, I used slightly more crumble on top than the recipe called for. I didn't make extra, just used less for the bottom layer and left a bit more than a cup for the top. It took the full bake time listed even though my blueberries weren't frozen. I watched for the edges to set and top to brown but it took the entire 55 minutes at 350 degrees. The turn out was juicy and delicious but more of a pie result than bars. There is a tiny bit left and I was so full yesterday I couldn't eat it but if you would bet money that tonight I'll have it for dessert with vanilla ice cream, you would win.
 
Have a great week!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ruff Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig
01 09 10